When not representing clients, Zach devotes his time to speaking and writing on construction and risk management topics. His recent efforts include two chapters in books published by the world's largest association of construction lawyers and speaking engagements at construction conferences in Las Vegas, Portland, and Atlanta.
Zach is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Memphis (JD) and of Trevecca Nazarene University (BA). Before Jones Law, Zach was in-house counsel for a large engineering firm and an associate at one of the oldest law practices in the nation. Before law school, Zach was a project engineer for a large infrastructure construction firm and an Infantryman in the 101st Airborne Division, including combat deployments in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and the Global War on Terrorism.
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee
- J.D., magna cum laude
- Law Review, Moot Court Board Executive, and President of the Memphis Association of Law and Business.
- Trevecca Nazarene University
- American Bar Association
- ABA Forum on Construction Law
- Tennessee Bar Association
- TBA Construction Law Section
- Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel
- Kentucky Bar Association
- American Council of Engineering Companies, Legal Counsel Forum and Risk Management Committee member
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Claims Avoidance and Dispute Resolution Committee member
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate Development, Design, & Construction
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky